Is it safe to remove toxic black mold in your home?

Is it safe to remove toxic black mold in your home?

Is it safe to do toxic black mold removal in our homes ourselves? If the area of ​​contamination is small enough, you wear the proper protective equipment, and you are not sensitive to mold, then yes, you can do black toxic mold removal yourself. But you also need to consider your comfort level in dealing with mold—after all, professional remediation may be the best alternative.

Black mold is only considered toxic if it releases mycotoxins, and this can only be known if a sample is taken from your home and tested in a lab. The most common toxic black mold found in homes is from the genera Stachybotrys. Its mycotoxins have been experimented with by the military as a chemical warfare agent, which is why it can be very lethal, especially if swallowed, although inhalation can cause shock and even death. This is why we need to be extremely careful when dealing with toxic black mold in our homes.

The first step in mold removal is proper personal protective equipment. This means an N95 respirator that is approved for mold removal. You should also wear goggles and rubber gloves. Long pants, long-sleeved shirts, and closed-toe shoes are also a must. In general, you want to cover your entire body to reduce the risk of mold spores and mycotoxins coming into contact with your body.

If you have any mold sensitivities, you should definitely not attempt any type of mold removal on your own – you’re just setting yourself up for trouble. Any time mold is disturbed, whether it is removed or simply brushed, mold spores are released. You will essentially be bombarded with mold spores, which can seriously worsen any condition you have.

Likewise, even if you don’t have a mold sensitivity, being bombarded by spores can still cause a reaction, hence the need for personal protective equipment by anyone dealing with any mold.

we also want to limit the area as much as possible. This will reduce the amount of mold spores and mycotoxins that will be released into your home. If possible, have a fan push the air from inside where you are working to the outside of the house to send the spores outside.

#safe #remove #toxic #black #mold #home

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button